Hissah Abdullah Alshuhail
Occupational therapist Hissah Alshuhail
Pediatric Rehabilitation Clinic provides services for children with disabilities, for example:
Sensory processing disorders
Chronic illness such as Cerebral Palsy
Treatment plan includes :
1. Fine motor skills: focus on grasp and release, handwriting skills, and preschool activities.
2. Hand-eye coordination to improve patient? play skills, such as stacking blocks, hitting a target.
3. Basic self-care to help patient become more independent. For example, showering, dressing, eating and hygiene.
4. Attention and focus: improves social skills and learning and study skills.
5. Behavioral coaching: helps in replacing incorrect behaviors with positive activities such as writing or exercise.
6. Prescribing of and training on assistive equipments/devices, such as wheelchairs and splints.
OT intervention targeting to improve patient?s cognitive and motor abilities.