Media Center - View |
Why should you breast feed your baby?
Your milk was made for your baby.
- It has the right amount of help your baby grow, and is easy to digest.
- It contains substances which help prevent infection.
- When your baby is ready to eat, your milk is ready to serve.
- It’s clean and at the right temperature.
- There are no bottles to mix or feeding to heat up.
Other benefits for you:
Breast feeding helps your uterus, which stretched during preg- nancy .to return to approximately its original size more quickly.
- It can also help you lose weight after your baby is born; it uses some of the extra fat your body stored during pregnancy.
- Breast feeding delays the return of menstruation, but it cannot be depended on for preventing pregnancy.
- Breast feeding brings you and your baby together emotionally as well as physically.