Media Centre - View News
Discharge Instructions POST PCI- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention:
- You must make follow up appointments with your cardiologist.
- Ask your doctor about your return to work.
- Do Not Stop Aspirin without asking your Cardiologist.
- Do Not stop your medications without asking your cardiologist.
- Ask your cardiologist when you can resume exercises.
- Talk with your doctor before taking any herbal teas/supplements.
- No heavy activities for 5-7 Days. For example: Do Not lift, push or pull anything that weighs more than 4 Kgs.
- Smoking is especially dangerous during the first 4 weeks after a PCI because it will contribute to “clotting” the recently placed stent(s). This can cause a heart attack. It is better to stop smoking during this time or think about a stop-smoking program.
- Do Not have a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan during the first 6 weeks After stent placement without a cardiologist’s approval.
- Metal detectors do not affect the stent(s).
It is Not Normal if you are bleeding.
If this happened you must:
- Lie down
- Ask someone to/Press Down Hard for 15 Minutes just above the hole where the PCI was done.
- You will know if you are doing this right if the bleeding stopped.
- Do Not Stop pressing to check under your fingers during the first 15 minutes.
- If the bleeding has stopped after 15 minutes, rest and lie down for 2 more hours before getting up.
IMPORTANT: If the bleeding does not stop after 15 minutes, Call the ambulance to take you to the hospital.